Friday, December 21, 2007

Eating Disorders and Kimkins

Hi, everyone. I'm fluffing my pillows and getting comfortable here. I am the new Kimorexia blogger. My mission is to help spread the word about the dangers of the Kimkins Diet, and to warn people away from joining the Kimkins.com website.

Blogger Medusa has a vitally important post about eating disorders and Kimkins. Please check it out.

You can also read stories of Kimkins Diet Survivors, and see for yourself the health impact Kimkins can have. If you are experiencing symptoms, please talk honestly with your doctor and reach out for support. These health effects are not drama, they are real.

PJ, thank you so much for starting this blog, and for allowing me to help it continue.

10 comments:

BamaGal said...

Welcome OYB!!!
Glad to see you have joined us in the cause. Looking forward to your posts.

mariasol said...

Thank you for taking over this blog. With such a fitting name is would have been a pity not to use it in our fight to take Kimkins off the internet.

PJ said...

And you're off and running! (Go to settings & change the email notices for comments to your own (I'm still getting them) so you'll know when people comment. :-) Best of luck with it and I hope you're able to do some people some good with it. It's a shame to see the health problems people can cause (and make their weight worse in the end) by allowing this sort of diet-cult mentality to sway them in their moment of need.

Avenue Girl said...

Kimkinsawareness is definitely a great topic to be blogging about. I'm happy to help you find new ideas on this discussion. Let me know if you need any help - and WELCOME!

Medusa said...

Thrilled to have you onboard, OYB! Great post on eating disorders & Kimkins.

Bloggers like you will help bring awareness to others of the dangers of the Kimkins deadly diet

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks, Bamagal!
OYB
Kimorexia Blog

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks, Mariasol. I enjoy your blog.
OYB
Kimorexia Blog

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks, PJ! I'm all new at this!
OYB
Kimorexia Blog

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks, Avenue Girl! I'm sure I could use all the help I can get!
OYB
Kimorexia Blog

OhYeahBabe said...

Thanks, Medusa! Love your blog!
OYB
Kimorexia Blog