Sunday, June 22, 2008

Kimkins & Low Thyroid

Here's a case where Heidi Diaz / Kimmer may know what she's talking about. In a recent blog post, she reviewed the symptoms of low thyroid. (She lifted a thyroid image from here and her words from somewhere else but failed cite her sources. Figures.)

What stood out for me was the fact that the Kimkins diet causes all those same symptom, and the Kimkins Survivor blog is filled with accounts from people whose thyroids went bad while on Kimkins. Every one of the symptoms Heidi Diaz mentioned in her post were symptoms heard often from people who followed her diet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for blogging about this. Kimmer never mentions any of the issues she is blogging about are caused by her diet.

It has been know for over 50 yrs that low carb low cal is a thyroid danger but she never mentioned it once on her Kimkins.com website as a warning to those folk thinking about starting her plan who are hypothyroid or are borderline hypo.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing me the light. I am just sitting here reading through all the entries with my jaw dropping. But I should have known, I guess! I've dealt with hypothyroidism before and it is horrible. FYI, here's a link to an extensive list of symptoms -- http://www.womentowomen.com/hypothyroidism/symptoms.aspx and yes, it can absolutely be brought on by low carb low cal diet.

OhYeahBabe said...

Hi Jacqueline,
Thanks for stopping by. Did you do the Kimkins diet? Low carb low cal? I'm curious about your experiences. Do you plan to speak to your doctor?
OYB

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about the Kimkins diet -- glad I never tried it. Would have seriously screwed with my hypothyroid. Thanks a lot!

http://thyroid--health.blogspot.com